25 March 2012
Frankfurt, March 2012: MIDAS has launched the XL48 ‘digi-log’ mic preamp at Prolight + Sound 2012, Hall 8, Stand L80. The XL48, which packs eight MIDAS XL4 mic pres into a 1U box, brings the much-loved classic MIDAS mic preamp sound within the reach of live sound engineers everywhere.
The MIDAS XL48 comes complete with swept high and low pass filters, eight MIDAS XL8 96 kHz 24-bit A-D converters and a super-low-jitter 1ppm clock. Additional features include 8-segment LED input meters, individual phantom power, polarity invert, and -20dB pad. All inputs are Neutrik XLR and 25-way D-sub connectivity.
The XL48 also features both analogue and digital outputs in ADAT and AES/EBU format. All five outputs can be used simultaneously, allowing the XL48 to perform as a multi-function analogue/digital mic splitter as well as adding the MIDAS touch to eight channels of a mix. Multiple clocking options are available, including external wordclock, internal 96k, 88.2k, 48k and 44.1k.
Applications include mobile recording, analogue and/or digital splits between consoles, and upgrading other brand digital consoles with MIDAS mic pres and a reference-grade clock.
- Eight mic/line inputs featuring classic MIDAS XL4 mic pre amps
- Classic analogue MIDAS XL4 swept low and high pass filters
- Individual 48V phantom power switching per channel
- Individual -20dB pad switching per channel
- Individual polarity switching per channel
- High accuracy 8-segment LED meter per channel
- MIDAS XL8 ultra low latency 96kHz 24Bit A-D converters
- Supports operation at 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz sampling frequencies
- Ultra low jitter reference-grade 1 part-per-million (1 ppm) temperature-compensated clock oscillator with external Word clock syncing options
- Parallel fully balanced XLR and 25W D-Sub input connections
- Driven and buffered fully balanced 25W D-Sub output connections
- Dual AES3 25W D-Sub output connector
- Dual TOSLINK optical output connectors
- Designed and engineered by MIDAS in the UK